Posters must contain the following information:
- List name of ensemble or series (ex. “Music Scholars Lecture Series” or “UMD Symphony Orchestra”), directly above the event title.
- Event Title, listed directly under name of ensemble or series
- Music director(s), guest speakers, and artists as appropriate
Ex: Chris Gekker, trumpet
Michael Votta, conductor
- Day of week, date, time, complete hall name/room name, and building location
- If the event is free and/or ticketed
- A short, one- to two-sentence description of the event
Ex: Violin professor James Stern and pianist Audrey Andrist take a musical cruise from Vienna to Bratislava to Budapest to Bucharest. Featuring works by Schubert, Dohnányi, Bartók and Enescu.
- One URL that points to the event description
*Please create a custom, tiny URL using go.umd.edu. *
DO THIS: go.umd.edu/canadian-brass
- Please use choose one of the UMD School of Music logos located here in Dropbox.
- I suggest using one of the PNG files (there is a color option and a black and white option) so that you have a transparent background instead of a white box around your logo.
- Care should be taken to leave adequate space surrounding the logo.
- Use a compelling high-resolution (at least 300 dpi) image or design that represents the event.
- Images should be in the public domain.
Images, text and logos should be proportional and should not appear stretched or grainy. There should not be a visible white box around the logo (use a PNG or Vector file).
Helpful Design Resources
I. Canva: Free graphic design software website that helps you create posters, social media graphics, flyers and more.
II. Pixlr: Free online photo editor (like Adobe Photoshop)
III. Creative Commons Search: Access free images in the public domain.
IV. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign: Downloadable for free here for UMD students and employees.
V. School of Music photos: If you wish to access School of Music original photos, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AFTER CREATING YOUR POSTER
I. Proofread your work. Does your poster include all that's required?
II. Send for approval. Please send your completed poster to email@example.com for approval.
III. Send to print.