The UMD School of Music presents over 150 student degree recitals each year. These public, mandatory recitals demonstrate advanced musical proficiency and fulfill undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.
2017 - 2018 Degree Recital Scheduling
Here are some important things you should know about scheduling your degree recital:
1. Requests for recital and dress rehearsal times can be selected from the available slots shown HERE by completing this form. Recitals will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please do not e-mail or call requesting a confirmation receipt of your form, as this slows down the scheduling process.
2. Recitals can be scheduled any day of the week in either Gildenhorn Recital Hall or Ulrich Recital Hall between the first and last day of classes, with the exception of university-observed holidays.
3. Upon requesting a recital time, the Scheduling Coordinator will send a tentative confirmation e-mail to both you and your studio teacher indicating which of your requested spots are being held for you. From that date you will have two (2) weeks to complete the scheduling process. Students who do not complete the process during this time will have to re-submit their request and their holds will be released.
4. Students are required to provide their own recital programs! Download the template here. Please note: the emergency exit instructions in large font on the back of the template are required by the fire marshall; do not remove them.
5. All recitals requiring the use of a projector screen must be held in Gildenhorn Recital Hall. Recitals that require projectors are not possible in Ulrich Recital Hall.
6. Questions? Check out the Recital Hall Policy Manual, or send an e-mail to the Scheduling Coordinator (Finance and Administration GA) at email@example.com.
Student Degree Recital Webpage
Student Degree Recital Initial Request Form
Student Degree Recital Availability
3800 Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
School of Music Scheduling
Recitals held in School of Music facilities (such as Leah M. Smith Hall - Rm. 2200 and the Chorus Rehearsal Room - 2201) will not be supported by The Clarice staff nor receive technical assistance. These facilities may be scheduled through the School of Music Office free of charge for degree-required and non-degree recitals.
Recital Request Form for School of Music Spaces Below is the form in PDF format for reserving recitals in the Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall (2200) or the Choral Rehearsal Room (2201). Please return this form to the SOM Office (room 2110).
Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall and Choral Rehearsal Room Request Form
Luke Spence, School of Music Scheduler
2110 Clarice Smith Center
(School of Music main office)
For a list of upcoming student degree recitals, click here.