The National Orchestral Institute is a four-week program of intensive study covering:
Among NOI's annual features:
- All NOI members receive a scholarship worth over $4000.00
- Over 80 talented orchestral musicians are selected to participate each year
- Internationally renowned conductors rehearse the orchestra and conduct performances
- Distinguished musicians, including many principal players in major symphony orchestras, work closely with participants to polish ensemble skills and orchestral excerpts
- Each week culminates with a public performance in the magnificent Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- NOI members participate in an unconducted chamber orchestra to build chamber music and leadership skills.
- Chamber Music at NOI offers rewarding study of the chamber music literature with distinguished faculty in the field and a final recital in the Joseph and Alma Gildenhorn Recital Hall
Previous NOI members have won positions with major symphony orchestras, including the Baltimore, Boston, Calgary, Charleston, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Florida, Kansas City, Memphis, Montreal, National, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Philadelphia, Rochester, San Antonio, San Francisco, Savannah, Seattle and Utah Symphony Orchestras, the Los Angeles, New York, and Israel Philharmonics, and the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra.