When the Riverdale Arts Council approached Clarinet Professor Robert DiLutis about starting a concert series, he knew this was the perfect opportunity to bring exceptional young talent from the UMD School of Music to the community.
Until mid-September, the 2013 Summer Concerts @ Town Center Market features School of Music students in hour-long performances at the Riverdale Park Town Center Market (4705 Queensbury Road). The concerts begin at 7PM and include a variety of musical genres.
Dilutis says, “The concert series gives UMD School of Music students the experience of performing live in an outdoor venue. At the same time, the community enjoys talented, emerging young artists in a wonderful and relaxed environment.”
* July 18 - Violinist Jordan Johnson w/Yee Von Ng on Keyboard
* July 25 - Matthew Rynes Jazz Combo
* Aug. 1 - Gabriel Ferreira’s Woodwind Trio
* Aug. 8 - The Chung-Ah Chin Duo
* Aug. 15 - The Sevener Uppers Original/vintage Folk/Bluegrass
* Aug. 22 - Reising Amol Mehta – Jazz Sax & Keyboard
* Aug. 29 – Cellist Carol Anne Bosco
* Sept. 5 - Edward Jakuboski’s Classical Brass Trio
* Sept. 12 – Singer/keyboardist Alexandra August
Craft beer and fine wine tastings are available during the concert series. Concert-goers may purcahse dinners at the Farmers Market or order from the Dumm's Pizza and Subs menu.
2013 Summer Concerts @ Town Center Market is a presentation of the Riverdale Park Arts Council, University of Maryland Clarinet Professor Robert DiLutis, and the UMD School of Music. For more information about the artists and concert updates, see www.rpartscouncil.org. Contributions to RPAC may be tax deductible through the group's relationship with the Hyattsville Community Development Corporation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.