The UMD School of Music presents over 150 student degree recitals each year. These public, mandatory recitals demonstrate advanced musical proficiency and fulfill undergraduate and graduate degree requirements.
2016 - 2017 Degree Recital Scheduling
Degree recital scheduling is currently open for Fall 2016, and will be open for Spring 2017 beginning on Monday, September 12th. Here are some important things you should know about scheduling your degree recital:
1. Requests for recital and dress rehearsal times can be selected from the available slots shown HERE by completing this form. Recitals will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please do not e-mail or call requesting a confirmation receipt of your form, as this slows down the scheduling process.
2. Fall semester recitals can be scheduled any day of the week in either Gildenhorn Recital Hall or Ulrich Recital Hall from SEPTEMBER 1 to DECEMBER 12, with the exception of university-observed holidays. Spring semester recitals can be scheduled from JANUARY 26 to MAY 11.
3. Upon requesting a recital time, the Scheduling Coordinator will send a tentative confirmation e-mail to both you and your studio teacher indicating which of your requested spots are being held for you. From that date you will have two (2) weeks to complete the scheduling process. Students who do not complete the process during this time will have to re-submit their request and their holds will be released.
4. New this academic year - Students are now required to provide their own recital programs! Download the template here. Please note: the emergency exit instructions in large font on the back of the template are required by the fire marshall; do not remove them.
5. New this academic year - All recitals requiring the use of a projector screen must be held in Gildenhorn Recital Hall. Recitals that require projectors are not possible in Ulrich Recital Hall.
Bonnie Alger, Scheduling Graduate Assistant
3800 QQ Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
School of Music Scheduling
Recitals held in School of Music facilities (such as Leah M. Smith Hall - Rm. 2200 and the Chorus Rehearsal Room - 2201) will not be supported by The Clarice staff nor receive technical assistance. These facilities may be scheduled through the School of Music Office free of charge for degree-required and non-degree recitals.
Recital Request Form for School of Music Spaces Below is the form in PDF format for reserving recitals in the Leah M. Smith Lecture Hall(2200) or the Choral Rehearsal Room (2201). Please return this form to the SOM Office (room 2110).
Luke Spence, School of Music Scheduler
For a list of upcoming student degree recitals, click here.