All Washburgh participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the University of Maryland.
- Participants who are staying in the dorms and arriving on campus on Sunday, July 10 may check in after Noon at Annapolis Hall.
- Participants who are staying in dorms and arriving on Monday, July 11 may check in between 9am and Noon at Annapolis Hall.
- All participants must check in between 10am and Noon in the Band Wind at the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center. The Clarice Smith Center is building #386 on the UMD campus map (click here). Signs outside of the building will direct you to the registration desk.
- For students staying in the dorm: You have free WIFI and a $90 meal card. If you reserved a parking pass, it will be available when you check in at Annapolis Hall.
- For students staying off campus: Your parking pass will be available when you check in at the Clarice Smith Center on the first day of the seminar. You may park in Stadium Garage, which is free for the first 15 minutes, check in, and then move your car to a numbered lot where the permit is valid.
The approximate cost of taxi service from our area airports are as follows:
Reagan National Airport: $30
Baltimore Washington International Airport: $50
Dulles International Airport: $60
SuperShuttle is a convenient, and often less expensive, option for traveling to campus. The approximate cost of SuperShuttle service from the airports are as follows:
Reagan National Airport: $28 for the first passenger and $5 for each additional guest
Baltimore Washington International Airport: $32 for the first passenger and $5 for each additional guest
Dulles International Airport: $39 for the first passenger and $5 for each additional guest
Click here for public transporation options from aiports and train stations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Washburgh Timpani Seminar located?
The festival is located on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park, MD. All events are held in the Band Wing of the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (CSPAC). Complete visitor info about the University of Maryland, including local hotels and transportation information, may be found here.
Computers are available for use in the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library, located near the main entrance to CSPAC. You will need a web-based email account to check email. Summer hours for the library will vary and can be found at the UMD libraries website. Many areas of the campus, including the residences and the Performing Arts Center, have wireless internet.
Are laundry facilities provided?
Yes, washers/dryers are available in the residence quad. Bring quarters!
Will the campus buses be operating?
Yes, the Shuttle-UM operates year-round, although the schedule is limited in the summer. See www.transportation.umd.edu
Are linens provided for my stay in the dorm?
Yes, you will be provided with a pillow, blanket, sheets, and a bath towel. You may wish to bring a mattress pad for your comfort. Some may also prefer an extra blanket since the A/C tends to be cold.
What is the summer weather like in College Park?
Weather in College Park during the summer can vary. Evenings can be cool and quite comfortable, but during the day it will often be very hot and humid. Rain is common, so you may want to bring a rain jacket and/or umbrella for walking around campus.
What hotels are located in the College Park area?
Is the residence air-conditioned?