From July 11 - 15, 2016, join two of the nation’s most successful young timpanists for a comprehensive workshop that explores two unique and contrasting approaches to all aspects of performing on the timpani.
Unlike other seminars, WTS offers the opposing views of the presenters on topics of repertoire, instrument setup and maintenance, stick choices and much more. Each participant will have the opportunity to work in both masterclass and group settings with Jauvon and Ed to determine what information will best suit their individual needs.
In the spirit of respect for each other’s individual styles, the presenters will offer a variety of sessions that will include:
- Basic sound concepts
- Technical development including rolling, articulating and muffling
- Selection of mallets, heads
- Instrument maintenance
- Head mounting and clearing
- Period based repertoire study
- Ensemble skills
- Audition preparation and execution